Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Sometimes you just need cake...

Since I can ever remember… my earliest birthday… I have always had a sumptuous golden vanilla cake with fudgy dark chocolate frosting.  Yes, there were the occasional birthdays with something different, but I always go back to that deliciously golden cake with its contrasting flavor. The cake was fluffy and moist, but never too sweet because the frosting was what mattered.  So at 11:30pm last saturday night, I had a craving… and me being the baker I am, I made a simple vanilla cake with chocolate fudge icing. Because lets face it, I needed it.

Life has been one heck of a journey the past while… heck, past 2 years… and things are finally on the up and up. I have been dealing with life. I have a job that doesn't change much; the most exciting part is a fellow employee who just sings and dances to the music (which ranges from disney, top 40, 80's, 50's dowop,  and 90's techno/dance… oh and you we can't forget Frozen). He could care less what he looks like and does it with a smile on is face. Those days are bearable because at least I have something to laugh about. I also have been trying to figure myself out. What do I want out of life? What makes me happy? How do I find that Job that makes good money and is doing something I love? Do I have the kind of friends who really are there for me and can help me achieve this goal? Yes, All of this, and more, has been on my mind the last few years.

So, sometimes you just need that sumptuous piece of cake with its contrasting flavors of vanilla and chocolate to calm you nerves. To bring you back to a time when things were a bit more simple, more manageable. And sometimes, you have to eat it again for breakfast to start the day out right.


No comments: