Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday... and I am tired, but Church taught me something...

Today wasn't anything super special, however Church was quite good and the lessons made me think. In Sunday school the lesson was on the atonement (which I always love going over). One thing stuck out to me... it was something Christ said while He was on trial. "for this purpose came I into the world." Whenever I see depictions of the things my brother, Christ went through I am saddened that He suffered that kind of pain. Even when Christ asked His father, "remove this cup from me"... He still kept the perspective of the purpose of His mission. "nevertheless, not my will but thine."

Christ came into this world knowing full well of all that He should do and suffer. He professed it to those around Him without fear in His countenance. Should we not be committed as Christ was and is? In this month's (July 2011) Ensign the First Presidency Message was about being committed. President Uchtdorf says:

"Those who are only sort of committed may expect to only sort of receive the blessings of testimony, joy, and peace. The windows of heaven might only be sort of open to them. Wouldn’t it be foolish to think, “I’ll commit myself 50 percent now, but when Christ appears at the Second Coming, I’ll commit myself 100 percent”?

He ends the article with saying: In some way, each of us stands at a decision point.... It is my prayer that we will have faith, move forward, face our fears and doubts with courage, and say to ourselves, “I’m committed!”

Well, I can't end it better than he did... so looks like we have a decision to make.

Happy Sabbath!

No comments: