Thursday, August 11, 2011

Told you I would forget!


Its been a month since I have written... and a lot has happened and change!

For starters... my recent creation that I remember was just this week! I made a cake (which is what I love doing), but it was a flavor I had never done before, Cookies and Cream!

The holes in the cake are there because of the candles.

I made a homemade white cake and added broken oreos to it. The filling in the cake was most heavenly! Oreo pudding and whipping cream whipped to create a delicious oreo fluffy mousse! The frosting was white butter cream decorated with Oreos! It was such a hit, and seriously delicious.

I made a half sheet cake, expecting 20 people, we only had about 12, so we had a whole quarter sheet left! Best leftovers ever!

Things have also changed with my student teaching which was going to take place this fall. It is now taking place in the winter on account of the PRAXIS: World Language Spanish test. It is still frustrating trying to figure out what I am going to do with my life at the moment because I can't student teach until I receive passing scores on the exam (which I am so close to passing!).

I have been trying to live by this quote the past little while, "If it isn't working out, it isn't the end yet." Sometimes it is hard to keep that in mind when it seems like the universe is working against you... but there is a reason all of this is happening. I am just wondering when I will get a clue into what that is.

I found a quote today that I thought was good... and funny, but Julia Child:

Always remember: If you're alone in the kitchen and you drop the lamb, you can always just pick it up. Who's going to know?

(Secretly that is why I am a clean freak... it makes mistakes like that more "okay").

Well, that's all for now!



1 comment:

Brian and Ali Childs said...

whats wrong with not telling anyone about the lamb? Do it all the time! PS. Sorry about your student teaching. PPS. Sweet cake. I just started salivating.